Thursday, May 26, 2005

Thank You



For nearly three weeks after I returned home from India, I awoke nightly thinking about everything I'd left behind. Even now, nearly two months out, India crosses my mind daily—luckily, not at 4 AM. Mostly, I think of the people I met, a girl named Susila, newly-orphaned Rahel, the wrinkled old fisherman; I recall their spirit and resiliency. That they now have a place in my memory is a gift, made possible by the generous support of family, friends and a few goodhearted strangers.

The money and support you provided helped the neediest and most deserving: survivors of the 2004 tsunami and Orissan orphans. The funds bought several hundred kilos of rice for an island community that had run out of food; supplied saris and lungis to several hundred women and men who had lost everything; gave 110 orphans coloring books, crayons, flashcards; and allowed me, as your representative, to act as a goodwill ambassador.
Thank you for your contribution—whether you attended the fundraiser, gave money, offered encouragement or lent emotional support. Your compassion enabled me to touch thousands, and for that I am forever grateful.


Annie, Ananda and the rest of the crew at Ara
Nabil Aidoud
Virginia Alexander
Pam Arthur
Kirk Bedell
Bryce Baradel
Jess Bolkcom
Caroline Boudreaux
Jen Branam
Mendy Brannon
Laura Brueck
Jen Bruno
Stacey Callahan
Matt Chapman
Mike Christopher
Hazel Clinton
Scot Clinton
Katy Daly
Jamie and Kevin Donner
Lauren Franzel
Vanessa Fontanez
Ali Froman
Kristen Gelder
Kate Golden
Hattie Grouber
Frank Griffiths
Gardner Harris
Audrey Hayden
Kara Hill
Alex Jaini
Lisa Jeffries
Jennifer Jones
Will Kain
Pam Kaupinen
Wes Kaupinen
Kendrick and Tracy
Kim, my dental hygienist
Megan Mann
Anna McDonald
Mimi Mayo
Jessica Meli
Lindsay Mendoza
Brooke Michael
Vanessa and Scott Myers
Narayanan P.R.
Carter Paine
Jay Patel
Jay Patel (there are two)
Kirin Patel
Caroline Puri
Dr. Kunal Puri
Dr. Richa Puri
Holly Reed
Les Rogers
Natalie Ryan
Alice Sarfati
Maziar Sassanpour
Shaolee Sen
Dr. Subroto Sircar
Alexis Tessier
Mary Ann Torrence
John Twomey
Jenny and Robbert Vorhoff
Whitney Watson
Pat Werblin

No comments:

Post a Comment

It is always great to hear from site visitors, whether your comments are positive or negative. Thanks for sharing your perspective.